Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Sg Klah Hot Spring

Took advantage of the Hari Raya Aidilfitri hols recently and made a quick trip to the Sg Klah hotspring near Sungkai, Perak. It was my first time stepping into a hot spring (as opposed to visiting a hot spring) and was naturally excited. The Sg Klah hot spring complex is situated in the Sg Klah Felda scheme and is managed by Felda. It's a lovely place with shades and surprisingly, really clean although I think the management should build more toilets, showers and changing areas.

It has hot spring and a cold mountain spring water pool. I love both of them! Unfortunately, I couldn't take any pics of the cold pool coz I can't have my camera with me while swimming :)
It was a fun day and we had early dinner at Bidor ... herbal duck soup noodles and yam snacks ("woo kok" in cantonese). Bidor is approximately 20 - 30 mins away from the turnoff to Sg Klah from the Sungkai main road. Check out the website for those interested : http://www.plantationresorts.com.my/HotSprings/index_ap.shtml

And some photos to entice you. Unfortunately, I was too busy immersing myself in the hot water and swimming in the cold pool to take more pics :) Enjoy!


No comments: